Guide to Building Board Support
You can take your Give for Good Louisville success to new heights on September 14 by leveraging your board members and their passion for your cause! Organizations with engaged board members raise approximately 2-3 times more than those that don’t involve their board in the planning process. This not only helps you raise more on Give for Good Louisville, but paves the way towards a stronger relationship with your organization’s board members. So how can you get your board excited for Give for Good Louisville? We’ve got you covered!
Ten Steps to Board Success:
- Have a Give for Good Louisville Kickoff at your next board meeting.
- Include your board in your Give for Good Louisville goals.
- Share regular updates throughout the planning process.
- Provide your board members with clear opportunities and steps to help your organization reach its Give for Good Louisville goals.
- Leverage your board members as Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers to help raise more and expand your reach on.
- On Give for Good Louisville update your board on your progress from beginning to end.
- Encourage your board members to support you on Give for Good Louisville with matching funds, social sharing, and promotion of your participation with their networks.
- Invite your board members to attend an in-person event during.
- Ask your board members to help you personally thank and steward your Give for Good Louisville donors.
- Don’t forget “Thank You” to your board members for their help and hard work on Give for Good Louisville and celebrate a job well done.