Getting Started With Business Fundraisers
Your business can #GiveforGoodLou
The biggest day of local giving returns on Thursday, September 17 when the Community Foundation of Louisville's Give For Good Louisville takes over our community.
Over the past six years, Give For Good Louisville has helped local organizations raise over $26 million from generous individuals. This year nonprofits need your support more than ever! During this special 24-hour online giving day the Foundation encourages you to give generously to one or more of the participating nonprofits that make our community a great place to live, work, and play.
Highlight your employee, affiliate, and patron giving initiatives through Business Fundraising
Creating a Business Fundraiser profile on giveforgoodlouisville.org allows your business to make a larger impact in your community by encouraging your employees, affiliates, and patrons give back to the amazing nonprofits in metro Louisville.
Ready to sign up? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your business today!
What is a Business Fundraiser?
A Business Fundraiser is a company, local business, corporation, or any for-profit entity that wishes to take part in community giving on GiveGab by setting up a business profile to encourage their employees and patrons to give to charitable causes in their communities. As a Business Fundraiser, your employees, and other affiliates, will be able to select your business' name at checkout after making their donation.
Business Fundraisers inspire and empower their employees, customers, vendors, and stakeholder to give back to causes that are meaningful to them, learn about new ones, and spark friendly competition that benefits the community.
- Register by contacting Molly Melia (email@example.com) to receive a link to create your business fundraiser page in a few easy steps.
- Assign a point person or a small team of employees who are excited and ready to lead the charge.
- Use our tools (below) to create a plan that works for you and your organization’s capabilities and goals.
- Implement your plan and make sure you communicate the giving challenge, and the link to give, to your employees in advance and on September 17.
- Remind employees to select your business’ name from the dropdown menu when they make a donation online.
- Watch GiveForGoodLouisville.org on September 17 and celebrate the generosity you have inspired!
- Download your giving day data to track employee giving.
- Questions? Check out this helpful support article on how to access and edit your Business Fundraiser Page.
Tips and tools for success!
Celebrate and Encourage Philanthropy
Offer Incentives and Celebrate
- Food: Cater a snack break, host a pot luck, or a dessert party to celebrate giving
- Attire: Have a casual dress day so employees can dress to represent the agency or cause they care about
- Advertise: Pass out “I Gave” stickers to employees who gave to celebrate the causes they care about
- Competition: Have a competition between departments to see who can raise the most and offer a prize
- Discounts: If you have a store front, offer a percentage off of an item if they can show they gave (Give For Good Louisville sends out a receipt to each donor for easy access on their phone!).
- Raffle: Offer a raffle, and every time a donor gives if as entry into the raffle.
- Happy Hour: Host a happy hour and invite local nonprofits and your customers to meet and mingle!
Communicate and Engage!Use some of these sample communications below and download graphics from the toolkit to start spreading the word about your business's involvement in Give For Good Louisville. When sharing on social media, make sure you're always using the official hashtag, #GiveForGoodLou to be included in the conversation!
This day runs on social media, so first things first, be sure to follow the following accounts for everything #GiveForGoodLou
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cflouisville
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cflouisville
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/cflouisville
Facebook is the most popular form of social media to share about participation in giving day - so make sure you're using it leading up to and on September 17th! You can use Facebook to share with employees and your customers how you're participating in Give For Good Louisville and amplifying the giving efforts.
- Announce your participation: We are excited to announce our participationg in #GiveForGoodLou on September 17th! Find out why we're participating on our page here: [YOUR BUSINESS LINK] and mark your calendars for September 17th to give to your favorite nonprofit!
- If you're offering a match: Today, our business is focused on improving on community by matching all our employees' gifts made to nonprofits through #GiveForGoodLou! There are over [X] number of nonprofits participating to improve the lives of our community members. Find your cause and give today, September 17th, at giveforgoodlouisville.org.
- If you're offering an incentive to employees or customers: [Business name] is supporting #GiveForGoodLou on September 17th and offering a gift basket to any customer that gives today. Stop on in today after you give through giveforgoodlouisville.org and show us your receipt to be eligible!
- Celebrate the success you achieved for the day: Wow. We are in awe of the amazing employees and customers we have. Collectively, we were able to raise $X with X donors for the nonprofits participating in #GiveForGoodLou. We couldn't do this without all of you, and your amazing support of our community and the nonprofits you all chose to give to on Give For Good Louisville. Thank you.
Share pictures of your business, employees, and customers participating in Give For Good Louisville on Instagram. If your having a dress down day in the office, offering a raffle, or hosting (or encouraging attendance at) an event, share all of these events on Instagram! Make sure you're using the hashtag so people can keep up: #GiveForGoodLou!
Social media is a great tool for spreading the word to people that follow you on social media, however, there is no substitute for a direct, targeted email to your employees, customers, or even personal network. Consider sending emails that correspond to your social media activity, as well as direct targeted asks. Here is a sample email to get you thinking on how you want to spread the word!
Subject: Help us support the nonprofits who make this community great! Join [BUSINESS NAME] for #GiveForGoodLou
On September 17th businesses and individuals across our the Louisville community community will come together to support our local nonprofits during Give For Good Louisville. We are so excited to be part of this exciting giving event as a business fundraiser to show everyone in the community how philanthropic our employees and customers are.
Haven’t heard about Give For Good Louisville? It is the Louisville community's 24-hour giving day supporting the nonprofit agencies who help make our community such a great place to live! [Stats about previous year results]. You can head to giveforgoodlouisville.org now to learn more about this amazing giving event.
[IF OFFERING MATCH]: Your donations to local nonprofits at giveforgoodlouisville.org will be amplified because we are offering bonus dollars as an incentive to give. [Describe program here i.e. dollar for dollar, up to a certain amount, lump sum to reach goal etc.]
There are so many ways to participate - spread the word about this amazing event, become a fundraiser for your favorite nonprofit, donate on September 17th. Make supporting your favorite cause unique to you!
To make sure your gift [is matched / is counted in our business's totals], follow these steps:
- Find your favorite nonprofit! Visit giveforgoodlouisville.org to search hundreds of participating nonprofits in our community.
- Commit to a nonprofit. You can start donating as soon as the site opens on September 17th. Remember to select [Business Name] at checkout!
- Spread the word! Let your network know about Give For Good Louisville and who you are supporting. Use the hashtag #GiveForGoodLou to be part of the conversation.
For questions about Give For Good Louisville and how you can get involved please visit giveforgoodlouisville.org or contact [Business Name].