Give for Good Louisville Business Fundraiser's Toolkit
When businesses support local organizations, everyone benefits. Our Business Fundraisers help ensure a successful day of fundraising for the area's organizations and are recognized throughout Kentuckiana for their dedication to helping our community thrive. For Give for Good Louisville, we're offering your business an opportunity to engage your employees and customers to donate to causes they're passionate about and, in turn, bring invaluable visibility to your business.
How can I inspire generosity in my employees and customers during Give for Good Louisville? Check out the Business Toolkit below for ideas on running a successful fundraiser. We've supplied marketing resources, communication templates, and ideas around incentives and celebrations to really engage your employees and customers in giving while further spreading your message to their networks.
Interested in learning more about Give for Good Louisville and the value to your business? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I run a successful fundraiser for my business?
The number one recommendation for running a successful Give for Good Louisville fundraiser is that you are truly celebrating and encouraging acts of generosity - big and small! Here are some tips, tricks and ideas on how to encourage your employees and customers:
What incentives can I offer or celebrations can I plan for with my employees or customers?
As you hit giving day milestones or just want to celebrate the giving spirit of Give for Good Louisville, plan some fun and excitement at your business or office on September 15. We have some ideas below, but the sky's the limit in how you can engage your employees and customers, and encourage generosity on Give for Good Louisville!
- Food: Cater a snack break, host a potluck, or a dessert party to celebrate giving.
- Attire: Have a casual dress day so employees can dress to represent the agency or cause they care about.
- Advertise: Pass out “I Gave” stickers to employees who gave to celebrate the causes they care about.
- Competition: Have a competition between departments to see who can raise the most and offer a prize.
- Discounts: Offer a percentage off of an item when they show a copy of their Give for Good Louisville donation receipt.
- Raffle: Offer a raffle, and every time a donor gives, they get an entry into the raffle.
- Happy Hour: Host a happy hour and invite local organizations and your customers to meet and mingle!
Use some of these sample communications below to start spreading the word about your business's involvement in Give for Good Louisville. When sharing on social media, make sure you're always using the official hashtag, #GiveForGoodLou and tag @cflouisville to be included in the conversation!
Facebook and Twitter
Facebook and Twitter are the most popular social media platforms to share about participation in Give for Good Louisville - so make sure you're using it leading up to and on September 15! Check out these caption examples below:
- Announce your participation: We are excited to join our community's largest day of online giving, Give for Good Louisville, on September 15! Find out why we're participating on our page here: [YOUR BUSINESS LINK] and mark your calendars for September 15 to give to your favorite local organization! #GiveForGoodLou
- If you're offering a match: When we support local organizations, everyone benefits. Today, we will be matching dollar-for-dollar all our employees' gifts made to organizations through #GiveforGoodLou! Find a cause your passionate about and give today, September 15, at giveforgoodlouisville.org.
- If you're offering an incentive to employees or customers: Gift alert! In support of local organizations who are making a positive difference in our community, [BUSINESS NAME] will be offering a [INCENTIVE] to any customer that gives on September 15 during #GiveForGoodLou. Stop in today after you give through giveforgoodlouisville.org and show us your receipt to be eligible!
- Celebrate the success you achieved for the day: Today, we feel hopeful for the future. Thanks to the generosity of our employees and customers, [BUSINESS NAME] raised $X with X donors for local organizations participating in #GiveforGoodLou. This would not have been possible without your amazing support during Give for Good Louisville. Thank you!
Share pictures of your business, employees, and customers participating in Give for Good Louisville on Instagram. If you're having a dress-down day in the office, offering a raffle, or hosting (or encouraging attendance at) an event, share all of these events on Instagram at the link in your bio. Make sure you're using the hashtag so people can keep up: #GiveforGoodLou!
Social media is a great tool for spreading the word to people that follow you on social media, however, there is no substitute for a direct, targeted email to your employees, customers, or personal networks. Consider sending emails that correspond to your social media activity, as well as directly targeted asks. Here is a sample email to get you thinking about how you want to spread the word!
Subject: Support local and give generously! #GiveForGoodLou
When we come together to support local organizations during Give for Good Louisville, everyone benefits. On September 15th, community members across an 8-county region will unite to support hundreds of local organizations by making a gift online at GiveForGoodLouisville.org. We are excited to be part of our community's largest day of giving as a business fundraiser and show just how generous our employees and customers can be!
Haven’t heard about Give for Good Louisville? Hosted by the Community Foundation of Louisville, Give for Good Louisville is the biggest day of online giving in Kentuckiana, raising $42.5 million for local organizations since its creation in 2014. The organizations who participate support happy and healthy communities by providing essential resources to those in need. Visit giveforgoodlouisville.org now to learn more about this amazing online giving day.
[IF OFFERING MATCH]: But wait, that's not all! To show our commitment to helping our community, your donations at giveforgoodlouisville.org on September 15 will be [Describe program here i.e. dollar for dollar, up to a certain amount, lump sum to reach goal etc.]
There are so many ways to get involved during #GiveForGoodLou - spread the word about this amazing event, become a fundraiser for your favorite organization, and give generously to both your favorite organization or a new organization September 15. Make supporting your favorite causes unique to you!
To make sure your gift [is matched / is counted in our business's totals], follow these steps:
- Discover a local organization through the cause you care about. Visit giveforgoodlouisville.org to get started.
- Make a gift of $10 or more to an organization. You can start donating as soon as the site opens on September 15. Remember to select [Business Name] at checkout!
- Spread the word! Let your network know about Give for Good Louisville and who you are supporting. Use the hashtag #GiveforGoodLou to be part of the conversation.
For questions about Give for Good Louisville and how you can get involved please visit giveforgoodlouisville.org or contact [Business Name].