Double Your Impact With Matching Challenges
What is a MATCHING gift?
During a giving day, matching gifts are donations that individuals or companies make that match any online donation dollar for dollar. Matches must be secured and entered on your giving day dashboard under the “Manage Sponsor Matching” action tab. Any matches that are fulfilled will count towards your total on the giving day.Each organization is responsible for soliciting their own matching gift and communication with the donor(s).
Why should you try to secure a MATCHING gift?
- Matching gifts allow organizations to leverage their fundraising efforts:
- Every dollar you raise during the 24-hour period will count toward that dollar for dollar match. If you secure a matching gift, and enter it on your giving day profile, a goal thermometer will appear to countdown the match throughout the giving day.
- The visual gives other donors an incentive to donate to your organization to help you reach your fundraising goals faster:
- A match turns a $25 gift into a $50 gift, because every donation is doubled through the match funds.
- Having a match inspires donors to give more to "unlock" extra funds for your nonprofit:
- On average, having a matching opportunity increases donors likelihood to give by 22%, and increases gift amounts by 19%.
Can my organization have more than one MATCHING gift?
Yes - organizations can have more than one match on a giving day and each can recognize a different donor or sponsor who made the match possible.
What if the MATCH is not fulfilled?
What if I want an offline gift from a CFL donor to count towards a match?
How do I verify our MATCH for Give For Good Louisville prizes?
Who should you talk to about MATCHING gifts?
Talk to your board, staff members, volunteers and donors about making a matching gift for Give For Good Louisville. We encourage you to secure matches ahead of September 13 so that they begin to appear on your profiles.
How do I create a MATCHING Gift?
Step 2: Click on "Manage Sponsor Matching"
Step 3: Select "Add Match Commitment"
Step 4: Customize Your Match
After clicking the "Add Match Commitment" button you'll be taken to a form where you can enter in the specific details of your match.
How do I explain a MATCHING gift to my supporters?
- “We have a donor who is generously matching donations dollar-for-dollar up to $xxx so your gift can go even further on September 13. Donate to us at <insert unique link>.”
- “Your donation can have twice as much impact during Give For Good Louisville because we have a donor who is generously matching donations dollar-for-dollar - up to $xxx.”
- “Why should you give today? Because your donation could be DOUBLED by our match of$xxx from a generous donor.”
- “Donating today is twice as nice! XYZ donor has agreed to match donations dollar-for-dollar up to $xxx! Give now through <insert link>!”
- What is a match?
- What are matches and challenges?
- How do I add a matching opportunity?
- How do I hide matches from a previous year?
- How do I edit a matching opportunity for my giving day?
- How do I deplete a match or challenge for my giving day?
- How do I match an offline gift from a CFL donor?
- 4 Ways Matching Gifts and Fundraising Go Together