Read This Before You Register
Please use the lists below to ensure you have everything you need to breeze through the registration process and become fully verified to participate in the 10th Annual Give for Good Louisville scheduled for Thursday, September 14, 2023.
Eligible organizations may register to participate in this year's Give for Good Louisville from June 1 to July 2, 2023. We encourage you to register your organization as soon as possible so that you can take advantage of all the resources provided in the Resource Toolkit including the in-person Giving Day Workshop sponsored by 20/twenty Strategic Consultants (Must be registered for the giving day to participate; Limited spots available).
Please note: From July 3 to August 1, 2023, organizations can register during a late registration period, but the registration fee will be doubled during this time.
No refunds will be given for failure to ensure that your organization is eligible and can provide the information required to participate.
Logging into your GiveGab (now becoming Bonterra) account:
- To access your organization’s administrative dashboard, please set up an account or log in to your current account at GiveGab.com.
- If you don’t remember your login or are having trouble accessing your organization’s giving day profile, please click the "reset my password" button located on the login page. If you do not receive an email to reset your password, please check your spam/junk folder. If you still do not see an email from GiveGab (now becoming Bonterra), please contact email@example.com or click on the blue chat bubble at the bottom right of your screen for technical support.
To participate, your organization must:
- Read and agree to the Terms of Service & Agreement.
- Be a 501(c)(3) Public Charity, including Section 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), 509(a)(3) Type I & Type II; Operate under the fiscal sponsorship* of an organization type listed previously; Be a Private Operating Foundation; Be a War Veterans’ Organization under 501(c)19 & 501(c)23 with a 90% war veteran membership rating; Be a Church/Religious Institution; Or a Governmental Unit.
- Be headquartered or provide services in either the Kentucky counties of Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, and Bullitt or in Indiana counties of Clark, Floyd, and Harrison. If your organization is headquartered outside of the aforementioned Kentuckiana counties, you will be asked to provide a detailed description of the significant work, mission, program, or initiative that your organization has in one or more of the participating counties.
- Provide your current Total Revenue amount as listed on your IRS form 990 (This information will determine your tier category, prize distribution, and post-giving day analysis.). If it is found that you have miscategorized yourself, you will not be approved to participate until you have paid the remaining amount of the registration fee associated with your correct tier category.
- Provide verifiable bank account information.
- Provide the name, title, date of birth, address, email address, phone number, and Social Security Number of the representative for your organization (Learn why this is required).
- Be registered as a charitable organization with the Kentucky Attorney General's office, regardless of being headquartered in Kentucky or Indiana. This registration must be completed annually and differs from the Secretary of State registration. On your organization’s administrative dashboard, you will be required to attest that your organization is in compliance with the Attorney General by checking a box (Learn how to here). If it is later discovered that you are not in compliance, you will be removed from the giving day and forfeit your participation fee and any funds raised.
- Maintain an atmosphere free of conduct that is discriminatory, harassing, coercive, or disruptive, including sexual harassment, in all interactions with Community Foundation of Louisville staff and representatives. Prohibited harassment includes unwelcome actions, words, jokes, or comments based on any legally protected characteristic, such as an individual’s sex, race, color, national origin, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, military, or veteran status. If a participating organization is found to engage in discriminatory policies and procedures towards the aforementioned populations, the Community Foundation of Louisville reserves the right to reconsider the organization’s eligibility in Give for Good Louisville. These adjustments in eligibility include but are not limited to suspension or termination.
*If you have a fiscal sponsor:
- The fiscal sponsor must be a 501(c)(3).
- The fiscal sponsor must have a history of acting as a fiscal sponsor/agent.
- An organization cannot participate in Give for Good Louisville if they are raising funds for a new project and don't have a current relationship with a fiscal sponsor.
- Written approval must be received from the fiscal sponsor.
- The legal name, EIN, and bank account information for the fiscal sponsor must be provided.
To register, you will need the following information:
- The legal name of the organization as it appears on your IRS form 990.
- The EIN of the organization.
- Your most currently filed IRS form 990 or 990 EZ which the Total Revenue is based on. If your organization has "Gross recipes not greater than $50,000" and a 990-N is filed, please upload a screenshot of your organization's IRS Tax Exempt Organization Search page showing the current year being filed.
- If you complete a 990N or are not required to file an annual return with the IRS, you must submit your most recent year-end financial report (Statement of Activities or Profit/Loss Statement).
- A credit card to pay the annual, nonrefundable registration fee based on the organization’s gross annual revenue (found on line 12 of IRS 990, line 9 of the 990-EZ, or <$50k if filing a 990-N):
- Tier 1 (< $50,000): $50 / $100 late registration fee
- Tier 2 ($50,000 - $249,999): $70 / $140 late registration fee
- Tier 3 ($250,000 - $1,499,999): $150 / $300 late registration fee
- Tier 4 ( ≥ $1,500,000): $300 / $600 late registration fee
To accept donations, you will need to provide the following information:
- Bank routing and account number.
- The name, title, date of birth, home address, home email address, home phone number, and last four digits of the Social Security Number of the representative for your organization. (Learn why this is required).
- If you participated in Give for Good Louisville previously and your banking information has not changed, you will not need to re-enter this information but you may be required to provide some additional information.
Give for Good Louisville secured matches and prize incentives:
Give for Good Louisville matching funds and prize incentives will be announced later this August. Those interested in learning more about this year’s prizes, including strategy and communications, and the payout process of prizes and offline gifts, are invited to attend the Prizes and Payouts Webinar on Friday, August 11, 2023, from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Applying and being accepted as a Give for Good Louisville participant does not guarantee your participation in Give for Good Louisville secured matches and prize pool. Additional information from organizations may be required in order to participate in these matches and prize pools. Read more about prize eligibility in the Terms of Service & Agreement.
You can find more information and resources in the Resource Toolkit.
For any questions regarding what is required to participate in Give for Good Louisville, we highly recommend you contact us before registering at firstname.lastname@example.org.