Terms of Service & Agreement
To be a participating organization, please carefully read this in its entirety. As part of the 2023 online registration form on GiveForGoodLouisville.org, your organization will digitally submit your acceptance of the terms of this agreement. The term of this agreement is from execution until December 31, 2023.
Your organization is eligible to participate in Give for Good Louisville as defined by the terms listed below. As an organization participating in Give for Good Louisville, the Community Foundation of Louisville asks that you certify the following information:
The Incorporation Status of the Organization
- 501(c)3 Public Charity, including Section 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), 509(a)(3) Type I & Type II
- Operates under the fiscal sponsorship of an organization type listed above
- Private Operating Foundations
- War Veterans’ Organization under 501(c)19 & 501(c)23 with a 90% war veteran membership rating
- Church / Religious Institution or Governmental Unit
Inclusion in IRS Publication 78 in Good Standing with the IRS
- Most recently filed IRS form 990
Supporting Documentation: Your organization must check all required fields and submit this online Terms and Agreement along with required supporting documents in the online registration form in order to participate.
1. Proof of IRS Filing
- A copy of your most recent IRS form 990
- If your organization does not have an IRS Form 990, please contact email@example.com, to discuss alternate options.
2. Proof of EIN & 501(c)3 Determination:
- A copy of your 501(c)3 determination letter from the IRS, which includes your EIN Number OR
- A copy of your fiscal sponsor’s 501(c)3 determination letter from the IRS, which includes the EIN Number and a letter documenting the relationship with a fiscal sponsor, signed by your fiscal sponsor.
To participate in Give for Good Louisville, all organizations must comply with the following:
- Agree that the registration fee is non-refundable and that organizations are responsible for registering for Give for Good Louisville during the designated registration period.
- Certify that all information provided on the registration form is accurate. Once registered, information cannot be changed by the organization or Community Foundation of Louisville. Any organization that falsely reports its information will be determined ineligible to participate.
- Agree that the Community Foundation of Louisville will keep my organization’s information confidential and will use the information to determine eligibility for prizes, GiveForGoodLouisville.org search and leaderboard categories, and post-giving day data analyses.
- Be headquartered or provide services in either the Kentucky counties of Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, and Bullitt, or Indiana counties of Clark, Floyd, and Harrison.
- Provide proof of filing your most recent IRS 990 form and EIN number for verification.
- Acknowledge that in addition to the Community Foundation of Louisville’s verification of organizational participation, each organization must be approved by our platform provider’s verification process to confirm eligibility to receive tax-deductible donations.
- Agree to notify the Community Foundation of Louisville within 30 days should the nonprofit organization cease, substantially reduce its operations, or should the Internal Revenue Service propose to revoke its Section 501(c)(3) status.
- Set up an organizational Stripe account on GiveForGoodLouisville.org in order to directly receive online donations made to the organization within 5-7 business days of the transaction.
- Maintain an atmosphere free of conduct that is discriminatory, harassing, coercive, or disruptive, including sexual harassment, in all interactions with Community Foundation of Louisville staff and representatives. Prohibited harassment includes unwelcome actions, words, jokes, or comments based on any legally protected characteristic, such as an individual’s sex, race, color, national origin, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, military, or veteran status. If a participating organization is found to engage in discriminatory policies and procedures towards the aforementioned populations, the Community Foundation of Louisville reserves the right to reconsider the organization’s eligibility in Give for Good Louisville. These adjustments in eligibility include but are not limited to suspension or termination.
- Acknowledge that the organization is solely responsible for cultivating each donor and that the Community Foundation of Louisville is only responsible for providing a tax receipt. An email tax receipt is sent immediately after a completed transaction.
- Agree that any gifts processed outside of the Give for Good Louisville donation period or subsequent recurring donations are subject to transaction fees outlined on the GiveGab.com pricing page: http://info.givegab.com/pricing.
- Agree that each gift processed through GiveForGoodLouisville.org is 100% tax-deductible. No goods or services are exchanged for gifts or as payment for ‘quid pro quo’ items.
- GiveForGoodLouisville.org allows individuals to donate to organizations on their own initiative and it is not intended as a vehicle to facilitate gifts that the organization has solicited through other means. (Example: payment of event sponsorships or pledge payments.)
- Agree that GiveGab will release offline gifts from Community Foundation of Louisville fundholders and the prize pool via electronic funds transfer by the end of October 2023.
- Agree that gifts will be donated to organizations in full, excluding any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor (86.6% of fees were covered in 2021).
- Agree that organizations will use the GiveForGoodLouisville.org giving platform to solicit donations for the giving day.
- Agree that gifts received on GiveForGoodLouisville.org will NOT be used for the following purposes and that the organization, its representatives, or its agents, will NOT solicit donations through GiveForGoodLouisville.org for such purposes:
- To support a political campaign.
- To purchase event or raffle tickets.
- To pay for a membership, dinner, or any other activity that provides benefit to the donor.
- To pay for personal expenses, including tuition incurred by a director, officer, or employee of your organization or any of their relatives.
- Agree that gifts made online via GiveForGoodLouisville.org during the early giving period (September 11-13) as well as offline gifts by the Community Foundation of Louisville fundholders will count towards the Gift Challenge (formerly known as the Bonus Pool) and Grand Prizes, but are not eligible for Golden Tickets, Power Prizes, or time-based strategic prizes.
- Acknowledge that awarded prizes are subject to audit and will be finalized up to seven business days following the giving day.
- Agree that prizes may be revoked or withheld if donations or matches can’t be validated or if donations do not qualify as “Unique Donations,” including falsifying donor email addresses or matches.
- Acknowledge that a “Unique Donation” is defined as one gift of $10 or more to one organization from one donor. Anyone who attempts to game the system runs the risk of being caught in our audit.
- Agree that in the event of ties, prizes will be split evenly.
- Agree that organizations can win only one Golden Ticket prize throughout the day.
- Agree that organizations can win only one Power Prize throughout the day.
- Agree that organizations may win one Golden Ticket & one Power Prize throughout the giving day.
- Agree that organizations may be awarded up to three grants by the Ambassadors for Good team.
- Agree that organizations may win up to three #WhyIGive prizes. Donors may only be selected to win one #WhyIGive prize.
- Agree that only organizations who have indicated Clark, Floyd, or Harrison counties as their mailing address county on the registration form will be eligible for the Southern Indiana match pool.
- Agree that only organizations who have indicated Shelby County as their mailing address county on the registration form will be eligible for the Shelby County match pool.
Peer-to-Peer & Matching Fundraising Campaigns
- Agree that individuals or groups raising funds for an organization through peer-to-peer fundraising cannot offer incentives (time, product, or consideration) in exchange for gifts made through GiveForGoodLouisville.org.
- Agree that any offline matching gifts uploaded through the organization’s administrative dashboard are subject to verification by the Community Foundation of Louisville. If an organization cannot provide proof of the offline matching gift (i.e., a scanned copy of the check), the organization will be required to remove it from its profile.
- Agree to publicize participation with Give for Good Louisville in all appropriate outlets, such as the organization’s website, newsletters, and email communications, and to use the official and current 2023 versions of the Give for Good Louisville logos and trademarks when doing so. The Community Foundation of Louisville grants you a revocable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use its logos and trademarks solely for such purposes.
- Agree if the organization engages in social media (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or LinkedIn), usage will be in a reasonable and appropriate way to support Give for Good Louisville using the hashtag #GiveForGoodLou and GiveForGoodLouisville.org.
- Agree that the Community Foundation of Louisville will be the primary contact for all major media outlets, including TV, radio, print, and online, and will coordinate all campaign coverage, promotion, and interviews with our contracted PR firm, Fleur-de-lis Communications.
- Acknowledge that the Community Foundation of Louisville has the right to use images uploaded to profiles and photos posted on social media with the hashtag #GiveForGoodLou for Give for Good Louisville marketing purposes. The organization will be credited.
- Acknowledge that the Community Foundation of Louisville selects organizations to be featured in media and marketing campaigns (ex. Know the Good series) based upon organization size (i.e., annual budget), service location, cause, story, media preference, and availability.
- Certify that, to the best of your knowledge, all information entered into your GiveForGoodLouisville.org profile is accurate and correct.
- Agree to complete an annual profile update, participate in surveys, and use GiveForGoodLouisville.org in the spirit in which it was created.
- Agree that if an organization is ineligible to participate, the Community Foundation of Louisville may remove the organization’s profile from GiveForGoodLouisville.org at its sole discretion.
Additional Requirements for Give for Good Louisville 2023
- Organizations must be registered as a charitable organization with the Kentucky Attorney General's office, regardless of being headquartered in Kentucky or Indiana. This registration must be completed annually and differs from the Secretary of State registration. On the registration form, you will be required to attest that your organization is in compliance with the Attorney General by checking a box. If it is later discovered that you are not in compliance, you will be removed from the giving day and forfeit your participation fee and any funds raised.
- Participating organizations must complete their online profiles, be approved by the Community Foundation of Louisville to participate in Give for Good Louisville, and be approved to receive donations by GiveGab by Monday, August 14, 2023. Organizations will be able to make edits to their profile at any time.
- Organizations are highly encouraged to utilize the training opportunities and materials provided by the Community Foundation of Louisville to increase their fundraising success during Give for Good Louisville. These support materials include toolkits, webinars, and in-person/virtual training sessions.
The Community Foundation of Louisville provides the following:
Visibility to Foundation Fundholders - Training Opportunities - Donation Platform - Donor Data – Branding Assets & Materials - Promotion and Media - Customer Service - Give for Good Louisville Prize Incentives.
The Community Foundation of Louisville will not share or sell donor information to any other organization or entity but does reserve the right to communicate with donors for the purpose of user surveys, newsletters, and general education about philanthropy.
While the Community Foundation of Louisville strives to provide its participants with the best possible experience, we rely on third parties to administer and facilitate the online giving platform and, therefore, disclaim any implied or expressed warranties related to the functionality of that platform.
By entering into the Term Agreement, you understand and agree that the Community Foundation of Louisville is in no way responsible for malfunctions in that platform, including, but not limited to, service interruptions, lost data, donation accounting errors, or software malfunctions, and, therefore, you agree to assume these risks and hold the Community Foundation of Louisville harmless for any such incident.
Giving Day Fees
- Registration fees cover your participation in Give for Good Louisville by giving access to all training and support materials, resource toolkit, access to additional funding from the prize pool, increased visibility through local media platforms, as well as exposure to the Community Foundation of Louisville fundholders.
- Registration costs are determined based on a tiered fee structure. Each ‘tier’ represents the size (‘Total Revenue’ box on an organization’s 990) of your organization. Organizations must be sure to select the correct tier to pay the registration fee and note that the fee to register is nonrefundable. If you select a tier that is less than your organization’s actual size, you will be contacted by the Community Foundation of Louisville and charged the appropriate fee.
- Tier 1 (< $49,000): $50 / $100 late registration fee
- Tier 2 ($50,000 - $250,000): $70 / $140 late registration fee
- Tier 3 ($251,000 - $1,500,000): $150 / $300 late registration fee
- Tier 4 (> $1,500,000): $300 / $600 late registration fee
- June 1, 2023 - July 2, 2023: Registration period is open.
- July 3, 2023 – August 1, 2023: Late registration period is open and the fees double during this time.
- GiveForGoodLouisville.org is a cost-effective and successful fundraising platform. GiveGab retains a 2% campaign management fee from all donations.
- Credit Card: Processing fees are an additional 2.5% + $0.30 for (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express).
- ACH Transfer: Users can also make a gift using their ACH checking account. Donations of $100 or more are eligible for ACH transfer and will incur a $3 flat fee in addition to the 2% platform fee.
On average, organizations took home 99.28% of the gifts received, costing an organization $0.72 for every $100 raised.
100% of all donations are tax-deductible for the donor.
The Community Foundation of Louisville is a 501(c)3 charitable organization and prioritizes raising incentive funds to benefit all participating organizations.
The Community Foundation of Louisville reserves the right to amend, modify, or waive any of the previous terms and conditions without your consent and interpret and construe these terms and conditions at its sole discretion.
You certify that your organization is in good standing with the Commonwealth of Kentucky or the state of Indiana and the IRS and is not in violation of any applicable state or federal law, ordinance, or regulation. You understand and agree that participation in Give for Good Louisville does not constitute an endorsement by the Community Foundation of Louisville or any Community Foundation of Louisville partner of our organization or mission.
You further represent that all of the information supplied in the registration form is correct and that you understand and accept the terms and conditions of the Terms of Service and Agreement incorporated herein by reference. You represent that you have all of the requisite authority to bind your organization to the Term Agreement. You agree to notify the Community Foundation of Louisville immediately in writing of any change that would cause the representations in this form to become incorrect or incomplete.
You agree to attempt to resolve any claim relating to this Term Agreement, relating to any services provided by the Community Foundation of Louisville, or in any way arising from the relationship with the Community Foundation of Louisville, its officers, directors, employees, agents, or service providers through mediation before initiating any formal legal proceeding. This Term Agreement shall be construed under the laws of the state of Kentucky.
You can agree to these terms and conditions on the registration form at GiveForGoodLouisville.org.